Located on the east coast of Bali, Amankila is a luxury resort nestled in an authentic and unspoiled part of the island. Part of the legendary Aman Resorts collection, Amankila is known for its impeccable service and unparalleled views.
Hotel Class: 5-Star
Rates: From $513 USD
Address: PO Box 33, Manggis Bali 80871, Indonesia
- Amankila Suites – Two bedrooms with terrace, swimming pool and private butler service
- Indrakila Suites – One bedroom with sea views from terrace and private swimming pool
- Kilasari Suites – Mountain and sea views from elevated setting with private swimming pool
- Pool Suites – Private swimming pools, enclosed within walled courtyard
- Ocean Suites – Expansive terrace and exceptional ocean views with canopied king-size bed
- Garden Suite – Large outdoor terrace with sea and hillside views from elevated setting
Things for Kids to Do
In addition to the two hotel pools, the water at the beach is crystal clear and usually very calm, so it’s a great place for kids to paddle board and boogie board. The expeditions arranged by the hotel get very high marks. You can take the kids snorkeling, so they can get up close to turtles, sting rays, and beautiful exotic fishes. You can also take kids on a trek to a hilltop temple where they can meet the friendly monkeys who live there.
The hotel’s babysitting services get very high marks from guests.
Amenities for Kids
For Infants: diapers, baby shampoo, baby powder, baby toys, car seats, cots
For Toddlers: car seats, cots, kid-sized bathrobes and slippers
For Older Kids: pool toys, iPods in the rooms, kid-sized bathrobes and slippers, a library where they can check out magazines, games, and CDs
The beach club has a large lap pool. But what Amankila is known for are its stunning three-tier infinity pools, designed to mimic rice paddy fields.
Amankila has a private black sand beach, complete with cabanas and lounges. Guests give the attentive staff high marks, but some complain about the sight of oil tankers in the ocean.
Food and Drink
The Terrace and The Beach Club both serve Asian and Western breakfast and lunch. The hotel also serves afternoon tea daily in front of the Library. The Restaurant is open only for dinner, and provides a more formal dining experience. And of course, the hotel offers in-room dining. Children’s menus are available both at the restaurant and through room service.